There are a lot of cool things in Forest Park and this is one. The Jewel Box was dedicated Nov. 14, 1936 and cost about $117,000, with about 45 percent coming from Public Works Administration (WPA) funds. It was designed by city engineer William C. E. Becker and Robert Paulus Construction Co. was the contractor.
With its unconventional, cantilevered, vertical glass walls rising majestically 50 feet high, the Jewel Box opened in 1936 to national acclaim. The Post-Dispatch called the Art Deco-style structure, “the latest word in display greenhouses.”
This is a three shot HDR photo. See more Forest Park photos: https://greatrivers.smugmug.com/Galleries/Forest-Park/