The Laona and Northern Railway is a heritage railroad in Laona, Wisconsin. A former freight railroad, it was incorporated in 1902 for the R. Connor Company of Marshfield, Wisconsin, to haul lumber to its mill in Laona and then transport it to the Soo Line interchange 8 miles north in Laona Junction.
This train is pulled by a “4-spot” Steam Locomotive built in 1916 by the Vulcan Iron Works in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. It was purchased September 22, 1926, and was brought to Laona for use in the logging industry. The steam engine pulls two all-steel passenger coach cars, an open-air observation car and three cabooses.